Madison, Wisconsin Climate & Temperature
- Madison, Wisconsin, Usa is at 43°7'N, 89°19'W, 264 m (866 ft). See map.
- Madison, Wisconsin has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Madison, Wisconsin is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 7.3 degrees Celsius (45.1 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 30.6 °C (55.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -2.1°C (28.2°F) on average falling to -11.9°C (10.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 13.2°C (55.7°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 1°C (33.8°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 26.7°C (80.1°F) and average low temperatures are 13.8°C (56.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 14.7°C (58.5°F) during the day and lows of 3.1°C (37.6°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 784.3 mm (30.9 inches) which is equivalent to 784.3 Litres/m² (19.24 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2635 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Madison, Wisconsin you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Amsterdam Island, French Southern Lands where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Madison, Wisconsin Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Madison, Wisconsin Climate Graph in Metric Units
Madison, Wisconsin Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Madison, Wisconsin, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Oshkosh, Wi, Usa - 117.8 kms (73.2 miles) NNE
- Portage, Wi, Usa - 100 kms (62.2 miles) NNE
- Fond Du Lac, Wi, Usa - 101.5 kms (63.1 miles) NE
- Watertown, Wi, Usa - 30.9 kms (19.2 miles) ESE
- Milwaukee, Wi, Usa - 118.3 kms (73.5 miles) E
- Rockford, Il, Usa - 105.5 kms (65.6 miles) S
- Marengo, Il, Usa - 128.9 kms (80.1 miles) SSE