Madison, Wisconsin Climate & Temperature
- Madison, Wisconsin, Usa is at 43°7'N, 89°19'W, 264 m (866 ft). See map.
- Madison, Wisconsin has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Madison, Wisconsin is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 7.3 degrees Celsius (45.1 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 30.6 °C (55.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -2.1°C (28.2°F) on average falling to -11.9°C (10.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 13.2°C (55.7°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 1°C (33.8°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 26.7°C (80.1°F) and average low temperatures are 13.8°C (56.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 14.7°C (58.5°F) during the day and lows of 3.1°C (37.6°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 784.3 mm (30.9 inches) which is equivalent to 784.3 Litres/m² (19.24 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2635 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Madison, Wisconsin you would come out nearest to the climate station at Amsterdam Island, French Southern Lands where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Madison, Wisconsin, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Oshkosh, Wi, Usa - 117.8 kms (73.2 miles) NNE
- Portage, Wi, Usa - 100 kms (62.2 miles) NNE
- Fond Du Lac, Wi, Usa - 101.5 kms (63.1 miles) NE
- Watertown, Wi, Usa - 30.9 kms (19.2 miles) ESE
- Milwaukee, Wi, Usa - 118.3 kms (73.5 miles) E
- Rockford, Il, Usa - 105.5 kms (65.6 miles) S
- Marengo, Il, Usa - 128.9 kms (80.1 miles) SSE